WHAT IS A PATIENT-CENTERED MEDICAL HOME?
A Patient Centered Medical Home is a better, easier way to get the primary care you need. Your medical home is not an actual place, it is a partnership that allows you, your doctor, and your care team to work together and improve your health. Your Primary Care Provider leads an efficient and professional team that comprises of medical assistants, receptionists, specialists, and other health care professionals, working together with you at the center of the team. Your team always knows what’s going on with your health and helps you get the right care when you need it. We take the time to help you understand and learn to manage and improve your health.
OUR ROLE AS YOUR TRUSTED HEALTHCARE TEAM:
- Provide a safe and healthy healthcare environment
- Partner with you in making your healthcare decisions
- Coordinate with you, your authorized representatives, and other healthcare providers
- Keep you informed and on track by providing:
- Health Coaching
- Self-Care Management Support
- Health Resources
- Preventive Care & Screenings
- Tailored Care
YOUR ROLE AS OUR PATIENT:
- Communicate closely with us
- Keep us up to date with your medications, immunizations, allergies, conditions, tests, consultations, and any hospitalizations
- Advice of any changes about you and your family’s medical history Inform and authorize your other providers to coordinate with us
- Participate in decisions about your health
- Follow treatment plants and self-care management directions
- Speak up and ask us any questions you may have about your health!
THESE ARE THE GOALS OF OUR MEDICAL HOME:
✔ Helpful, friendly, and respectful staff
✔ Clinicians who clearly communicate that we care about you and your health
✔ Help you feel confident about taking care of and controlling your health problems
✔ Easy access whenever you call for advice or help
✔ Develop a personal plan with you to improve your health
✔ Notify you and inform you about your lab and imaging results in a timely manner
✔ Provide educational materials to help you take control of your health, which can also be found by visiting our website’s “Patient Resources” tab
✔ Accommodate same-day appointment needs
✔ Refer you to community resources that we believe will benefit you
✔ Strive to know you and your health history so we may better evaluate treatment options
✔ Focus on preventive care to keep you as healthy as possible!
Be Well Primary Health Care Center